Muhammad Janjua, MD
Saint Francis Cardiology Associates
Patient Satisfaction Survey
Dr. Muhammad Janjua is a fellowship-trained Interventional cardiologist from Wayne State University/ Detroit Medical Center. He received his medical degree from Baqai Medical and Dental College from Pakistan and completed his Internal Medicine Residency and Cardiology Fellowship at St. Joseph Mercy Oakland/Wayne State University.
Dr. Janjua specializes in internal medicine, Cardiology, Interventional cardiology, Peripheral arterial disease, Intracoronary and Carotid stenting, Venous diseases, Catheter technique for pulmonary embolectomy, IVC Filter insertion and retrieval and Complex cardiovascular disease, PFO/ASD closure and Endovascular aneurysm repair (EVAR) repair.
He is board certified with the American Board of Internal Medicine and holds specialty certification in, cardiovascular disease, Echocardiography, Vascular interpretation, Clinical Lipidology, Clinical Hypertension and Nuclear cardiology. Dr Janjua has also participated in many cardiovascular research clinical trials and has published numerous articles and abstracts in respectable peer reviewed journals.
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Certification in Internal Medicine
- American Board of Clinical Lipidology (ABCL) Certification in Clinical Lipidology
- American Board of Echocardiography Certification in Echocardiography.
- American Board of Clinical Hypertension Certification in Clinical Hypertension
- American Board of Nuclear cardiology Certification in Nuclear Cardiology
- Level II in Cardiac CT, William Beaumont Hospital Royal Oak, Michigan
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Certification in Cardiovascular Diseases
- American Board of Internal Medicine (ABIM) Certification in Interventional Cardiology
Areas of Expertise
Coronary Artery Disease
- Cardiac consultation
- Surgical cardiac clearance
- Cardiovascular risk factor assessment and disease prevention
- Cardiac catheterization
- Balloon angioplasty and stenting
- Atherectomy and thrombectomy
- Nuclear cardiology
Structural Heart Disease
- PFO and ASD closure
- Transesophageal echocardiography
Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Peripheral intervention (angioplasty, atherectomy, thrombectomy, stenting)
- Carotid artery stenting
- AAA stenting (EVAR-endovascular aneurysm repair)
- IVC filter implantation
- Renal artery stenting
Electrophysiology (EP) and Arrhythmia Management
- Loop Recorder insertion.
- Arrhythmia diagnosis and management
- Electrical cardioversion
- Pacemaker implantation and management