Saint Francis Women’s Health & Fertility
Saint Francis Women’s Health & Fertility opened in December 2013 to provide excellence in women’s healthcare while promoting a culture of life. Our practice complies with the ethical and religious directives for Catholic healthcare and therefore does not prescribe contraceptives or perform sterilizations.
Dr. Podraza offers OB/GYN services in addition to:
- Gynecologic Care
- Prenatal Counseling/Care
- Miscarriage Prevention
- Pregnancy Care
- High Risk Pregnancy
- Vaginal Birth after a Caesarian (VBAC)
- Preterm Birth Prevention
- Post-Partum Depression
- Adolescent Care
- Menopause Management
- Bio-Identical Hormone Therapy
- Office Procedures
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgery
- Support for Natural Family Planning
- Fertility Management
- IVF Alternatives
- Treating Infertility with NaPro Technology
Our philosophy is to identify the underlying disease process that is causing infertility and treat that disease. Once treated, most couples will regain normal fertility and be able to achieve a natural pregnancy.
Treatable Causes of Infertility
- Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS) – by combining conventional treatment with Creighton Model Fertility Care System, a couple is often able to track their fertility cycles and achieve pregnancy. NaPro charting may also reveal other underlying causes of infertility that need to be treated.
- Endometriosis – a frequently undiagnosed cause of infertility requiring expert surgical technique. Proper correction often results in a return of normal fertility.
- Structural Disorders – fibroids, tubal occlusions, and pelvic adhesions can all be treated surgically to remove the cause of infertility.
- Recurrent Miscarriage – can be caused by low pro-gesterone levels which may be corrected by giving progesterone very early in the first trimester.
Modern reproductive techniques have led toan epidemic of high-risk multiple pregnancies, selective reduction, and embryo freezing/discarding. By utilizing NaPro Technology to treat the underlying disease resulting in infertility, we are able to achieve the same results as IVF without the side effects. Our patients are able to conceive naturally without artificial insemination.
Our philosophy is that women deserve a healthier choice for treating their cycle-related problems. Instead of relying on hormonal contraceptives, we treat the underlying cause without the need for artificial hormones.
How is NaPro Technology Different?
Hormonal contraceptives mask disease using high doses of artificial hormones. NaPro Technology is used to diagnose each woman’s own individual condition. Using bio-identical hormone therapies along with the Creighton Model FertilityCare System, the following common menstrual related problems can be successfully treated:
- Ovarian Cysts
- Heavy or Irregular Periods
- PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome)
- Abnormal bleeding
- Hormonal abnormalities
- Chronic discharge
- Hormonal testing is conducted to look for deficiencies.
- Treatment is administered on an individual basis using bio-identical hormone replacement therapy.
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Our philosophy is that all women who are facing major gynecologic surgery should have the choice of an experienced laparoscopic surgeon. Dr. Podraza has adopted approaches to minimize post-surgical pain and shorten recovery time.
What is minimally invasive surgery?
Using a camera and laparoscopic instruments, nearly all major surgery can be safely performed through 3 to 5 small incisions less than a centimeter in size.
Most patients can go home the same day after surgery and recovery time is significantly shortened.
What conditions do we treat?
- Endometriosis / Adenomyosis
- Excessive Menstrual Bleeding
- Uterine Fibroids
- Uterine Prolapse
- Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)
- Ovarian Cysts
da Vinci Surgery
Dr. Podraza is trained in the da Vinci surgical robot which uses state of the art technology to allow Dr. Podraza to perform minimally invasive surgery on very complex cases, which otherwise would have been done using traditional large, open incisions.
The da Vinci surgical robot allows for enhanced vision, precision, and control all of which are needed for a successful surgical outcome.
Natural Family Planning
Dr. Podraza supports Natural Family Planning (NFP) in his practice. He does not prescribe contraceptives or perform sterilizations. His practice methodology focuses on offering alternatives to traditional methods of birth control and he wants to ensure that women are educated on the health benefits of NFP.
What is Natural Family Planning (NFP)?
Natural Family Planning (NFP) is a unique approach to human sexuality. NFP is fertility awareness that depends upon the observation and interpretation of the woman’s fertility signs. It is a way of achieving, avoiding, or spacing births based on decades of scientific research.
What are the benefits of NFP?
- Effectiveness – Three recent Federal studies have shown that well trained and motivated NFP couples can expect a method effectiveness of 99%
- Health – NFP is a hormone free, steroid free alternative to the pill.
- Adaptable – NFP is completely natural. It can be used to achieve as well as to avoid pregnancy.
- Respect for Life – since NFP is chemical free, it will never harm a newly conceived baby.
- Practicality – With NFP there is no running to the doctor or the drug store. You never “run out” of anything; you never “forget” anything; you are never embarrassed.
- Self Awareness – Many women who practice NFP indicate a heightened level of self awareness. They can predict their menstrual cycles and can tell if they are pregnant before most women would even come to suspect it.
Pregnancy & Delivery
Our philosophy is to offer a customized approach to pregnancy and delivery. We fully support our patients’ choices for their delivery by encouraging the use of birth plans, doulas, and natural labor.
One Doctor for All Your Needs
Dr. Podraza is a solo-practitioner, therefore is able to offer a concierge-like service to you. By offering a customized one-on-one approach, you can be assured that one doctor will see you throughout your pregnancy as well as delivery. Dr. Podraza is experienced in both routine and high-risk pregnancy care.
Why Choose Saint Francis Women’s Health & Fertility?
- PrematureBirthPrevention-Experiencedinthe use of progesterone, Cerclage, and antibiotics to stop or even reverse conditions that can lead to premature birth.
- C-Section/VBAC-WekeepC-Sectionrateslow by supporting Vaginal Birth after a Cesarean (VBAC) and limiting inductions.
- PostPartum-byusingbio-identicalhormone therapy we minimize the use of anti-depressants in the treatment of post partum depression allowing our patients to continue breastfeeding.